Work with us
Work with us
As one of Australia's leading water utilities, we are responsible for helping to develop the South Australian water industry. We also undertake work on behalf of the Murray-Darling Basin Commission.
Our teams proudly ensure the supply of safe, clean drinking water and trusted sanitation services to more than 1.7 million South Australians. Our water quality expertise is recognised around the world - it’s one reason why we are a leader in wastewater recycling.
Our people are the key to our success: we employ more than 1,500 capable, highly-skilled people from sought-after trades ranging from engineering to microbiology to the environment. It’s our experience and water sector knowledge that addresses the issues of today and innovates the direction of tomorrow. It’s our passion for customer service that continues to provide high quality services for the state.
Every role here has a real impact on our customers, community and the environment, and we are looking for the right people to take us further.
If you think you’d be a good fit for our team check our vacancies to find job opportunities, or find out how to apply. Or you could read about the many benefits behind being a part of the SA Water team.
We know that life doesn’t always conform to the classic nine-to-five schedule. All of our people can access a range of paid leave entitlements:
- Parental leave (17 weeks maternity, two weeks paternity)
- Employee volunteering leave
- Emergency services leave
- Cultural/ceremonial leave
- Domestic and family violence leave
We provide salary sacrifice options so our people can be flexible in how they use their money. We offer:
- Additional superannuation contributions
- Airline lounge memberships
- Charity donations
- Novated lease of cars
Where business requirements allow, our people can also:
- Work from home
- Have a flexible work arrangement
Our people are encouraged to have a healthy work/life balance, look after themselves and focus on their personal health and wellbeing goals. We do this by:
- Providing a confidential 24/7 coaching and support services through SMG Health
- Sponsoring our people to compete in regular fitness challenges, like the 15-minute challenge and the Corporate Cup
- Providing ample bike storage and shower/change room facilities at SA Water House so our people can commute by bike or foot
- Offering free flu vaccinations to all our people
- Providing access to corporate discounts on several gym memberships across the state
- Offering involvement with our city-based health and fitness groups led by our staff, including groups for basketball, bike riding, running, yoga and Pilates
- Providing an online wellbeing resource to assess your health with free access to weight loss, exercise and destressing programs
Learning and development
We believe that the most effective learning, the type of that sticks, is done on the job. Our people are always looking for ways to develop and grow within their work. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to learn through:
- Building experience in your current role
- Taking on new responsibilities
- Acting for others on leave, or as a secondment
We encourage genuine conversations designed to bring out the best of all of us. Our on the job learning is driven by:
- Regular structured, constructive feedback
- Internal and external networking
Some skills require training and formal education. We do this through a year-round training calendar and when greater formal qualifications are required for a role, formal education with TAFE SA, a university or another registered training organisation may be supported.
Our people are also supported to obtain a range of professional accreditations, including:
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant
- Registered Project Manager
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
- Chartered Practicing Engineer or Registered Practicing Engineer
Confidence in your safety
We care about the safety of our people, our customers and the community. With the right procedures, training and equipment for the job, our people are provided with a safe environment in which to work, and a voice to raise any issues they may find. And our people know that in the unlikely event they are injured at work we’ll support them every step of the way to successfully return.
Celebrating excellence and innovation
We value and celebrate innovation. Each year our Innovation and Excellence Awards program recognises people and teams for great ideas and excellent work. And we regularly bring in water industry leaders and innovators to inspire our staff with their insights and stories. Thinking of better ways to achieve great results for our customers is the challenge we all accept.
Our people have a range of opportunities to work on challenging and rewarding projects in energetic teams and supported by training and development. And the diversity and breadth of roles at SA Water means there’s opportunities for you to move around within the business or even take on major career changes.
Opportunities at SA Water
Whether you are an experienced professional or a recent graduate, we offer a range of roles and a number of career entry programs.
Areas that we recruit for
- Business Administration
- Communications and Marketing
- Construction and Maintenance Technical
- Customer service
- Environmental management
- Human resources
- Information management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Technical cadetships
- Trade waste
- Trades and field work
- Water and wastewater operations and management
- We also offer water industry traineeships, and work experience and vocational placement programs
Water Supply On
- 18/06/2020 03:05 PM - We are attending to an incident in Arthurton with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07505663.
- See all major faults
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 14/01/2021 09:00 AM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 14/12/2021 05:30 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Angle Vale. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works