Vacuum sewer systems
Vacuum sewer systems
A vacuum sewer system is an alternative method of sewage collection to the principally installed gravity sewer system. Using a vacuum sewer system on your property is subject to approval by us.
The developer (or representative consultant) is required to provide sufficient information to enable a proper assessment to be undertaken.
If approved, the Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) Vacuum Sewerage Code of Australia (WSA 06-2008) is used as the basis for design and construction of a vacuum sewer system. We have some additional requirements which are detailed in the SA Water supplement to WSA 06-2008.
The WSAA drawings together with the SA Water Drawing 4002-00002-01 cover the more detailed requirements and provide ‘deemed to comply’ solutions.
Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA)
- Vacuum Sewerage Code of Australia - WSA 06-2008
- Part 1 - Design
- Part 2 - Materials
- Part 3 - Construction
- Part 4 - Drawings
- Supplement to WSA 06-2008 (Under Development)
Vacuum sewer drawings
- WSA 06-2008 construction drawings
Links to these authorised products can be found on our Technical Standards page.
- TS 0506 - Authorised products for vacuum sewer systems
Water Supply Interrupted
- Last Updated: 10/08/2020 05:01 PM - We are on site in Adelaide and the nearby water supply may be unavailable until 10/08/2020 07:15 PM. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring supply as safely and quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07590214.
- See all major faults
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 12/08/2020 09:00 AM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 12/08/2020 06:00 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Adelaide. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works