Reconciliation partnerships program
Reconciliation partnerships program
Our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) Community Partnership Program called ‘Pirku-itya’, a Kaurna word meaning ‘for community’ will help support organisations and communities through sponsorship for programs, events and community endeavours that support Reconciliation outcomes.
Aligned with our Stretch Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-23, communities and organisations applying for these sponsorships will demonstrate ‘Supporting stronger communities through improved liveability and economic opportunities for Aboriginal communities.’
Pirku-itya is available for organisations to apply for sponsorship of up to $10,000 per partnership. Applications close 26 October 2020.
We look forward to working with organisations who, like us, foster an inclusive culture where diversity of thought, background and experience are embraced and celebrated.
- South Australian organisation that is Aboriginal owned and/or operated or able to demonstrate Aboriginal employment or outcomes that have a direct positive impact for Aboriginal people
- Demonstrate how the sponsorship will support stronger communities through improved liveability and economic opportunities for Aboriginal communities
- Provision of opportunities which support cultural, social and economic development for Aboriginal groups/people/communities.
- Alignment of supporting stronger communities through improved liveability and economic opportunities for Aboriginal communities
- Advocate commitment to reconciliation and empowering Aboriginal communities and/or wider community understanding of reconciliation
- The sponsored organisation, event or project must or be Aboriginal owned and/or operated or be able to demonstrate Aboriginal employment or outcomes that have a direct positive impact for Aboriginal people
- Provision of opportunities which support cultural, social and economic development for Aboriginal groups/people/communities
- Program/event provides opportunities for SA Water to engage with the community
- Acknowledgment of SA Water and opportunities for engagement and relationship building
- The sponsored event or project to be delivered between November 2020 and June 2021. Note projects that span multiple years, or that require recurrent funding are unable to be supported through this program
- Program/event benefits community members where the impact will be greatest.
Post event/project evaluation
All partnered programs and events will be evaluated upon completion through the provided evaluation from. If participating organisations fail to deliver the agreed benefits or the evaluation is not provided within the required timeframe, the organisation may not be considered for future partnership opportunities. Legally binding contractual agreements are in place for all Reconciliation Partnerships.
your organisation will need to cover:
- Administration costs (including wages)
- Sitting fees
- Travel/or other costs associated with applying for this program.
Responsibilities for successful applicants
- Entering into an agreement which includes a work plan and describes how and when the funding or in-kind support will be used and how the project will be implemented
- Completing the project activities as agreed in the work plan
- Ensuring activities are conducted in accordance with sound environmental and safety practices, and do not impact on environmental and cultural values
- Proactively engaging SA Water in activities and community events where appropriate, and as agreed in the sponsorship agreement
- Submitting photos, progress reports and being available for media interviews as requested
- Complete the evaluation form at the end of the program or event.
We will not consider partnering with:
- any project, program or event related to gambling
- events that promote the consumption of alcohol as its core activity (such as wine festivals)
- Organisations that we are already engaged in a formal arrangement such as a Memorandum of Understanding or contractual agreement
- Projects, programs or events where there is a real or perceived conflict of interest with an existing partnership, business or sponsorship activity.
Charitable donations are not able to be made by our organisation.
Applications Close 26 October 2020.
For all enquiries about sponsorships please contact email@example.com