Direct debit terms and conditions
Direct debit terms and conditions
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
This is your Direct Debit Request Service Agreement with South Australian Water Corporation (SA Water) (ABN 69 336 525 019). It explains what your obligations are when undertaking a Direct Debit arrangement with SA Water. It also details what SA Water’s obligations are to you as your Direct Debit
Please keep this agreement for future reference. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your Direct Debit Request (DDR) and should be read in conjunction with your DDR authorisation.
1. Debiting your Account
By submitting a Direct Debit Request (DDR) you have authorised SA Water (User ID 67201) to arrange for funds to be debited from your nominated account through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS). SA Water will debit your account in accordance with the conditions below.
SA Water will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorised in the DDR.
If the debit day falls on a day that is not a business day, SA Water may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following business day.
If your current bill is due within 5 business days of you setting up the direct debit arrangement, please contact us prior to making additional payments via other payment methods.
Direct debit is a method of payment and not an acceptance of a payment arrangement to clear arrears unless it has been approved by SA Water.
2. Changes Made by SA Water
SA Water may vary the terms of this agreement at any time by giving you at least fourteen (14) days written notice.
We may terminate this DDR at any time, including if one or more of your payments are dishonoured or rejected by your nominated financial institution.
If we terminate this DDR where your payments are dishonoured or rejected, we will notify you in writing.
3. Customer Changes
You can change or cancel your DDR arrangement at least five business days before the next debit date by:
- Contacting SA Water directly on 1300 SA WATER (1300 729 283) or email email@example.com; or
- Log in to mySAWater to manage your DDR personally.
4. Your Obligations
It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account by the due date to allow a direct debit payment to be made in accordance with the DDR.
If there are insufficient clear funds in your account or the payment method is no longer valid to meet a payment:
- You may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
- You will be charged a dishonour fee by SA Water;
- Your DDR agreement may be terminated; and
- You must arrange for the payment to be made by another method.
You should check your account statement to verify the amount has been debited.
It is your responsibility to let us know if your financial institution branch number (BSB), account number, credit card or debit card details including account number, type or expiry date change at least five business days before the direct debit deduction date.
If you believe there has been an error in debiting your account you should contact SA Water on 1300 SA WATER (1300 729 283) or confirm this in writing with us as soon as possible or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can contact your financial institution.
You should check:
- With your financial institution to find out whether direct debiting through the bulk electronic clearing system (BECS) is available for your account, as direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions;
- Your account details against a recent account statement to ensure they are correct;
- With your financial institution, if you are unsure how to complete the account details on the DDR.
- The details provided in the direct debit confirmation letter/email are correct.
Your records and account details will be kept private and confidential. Those details will only be disclosed if you or your financial institution requests them in connection with your direct debit payment arrangement or they are required to be disclosed by law.
Government Information Privacy Principles. If you wish to update or access the information that SA Water holds about you, please contact SA Water.
By completing this Direct Debit Request and submitting it to SA Water you:
- Acknowledge that you have read and accept all terms and conditions provided as part of the request;
- Confirm that you are the person named in the application form as the applicant;
- Confirm that you are an authorised individual that has signing authority to transact on the account nominated, and;
- Confirm that all details as completed by you in the request are true and correct.