Help paying my bill

Help paying my bill

If you’re having difficulty paying your bill, we can help you get back on track. Please call our Customer Assist Program team on 08 7424 1650 during business hours or email

The sooner you talk to us, the sooner we can help you.

We understand that sometimes it’s difficult to meet household expenses and that a sudden change in circumstances, like a loss or change in income, can lead to financial difficulty. We help our residential customers experiencing short- and long-term financial hardship by working together to develop a payment plan so that overdue accounts and new bills are paid as early and easily as possible.

These are some of the ways we can help you:

  • Arrange an interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment plan
  • Safeguard you from your water supply being restricted and additional fees including supply restoration costs
  • Connect you with free, confidential and independent financial counselling, support and assistance
  • Set up a Centrepay arrangement telephone call to help reduce your payment defaults
  • If you have a water leak, or a dripping tap or toilet, we may be able to organise a licensed plumber to fix these, install a water efficient shower head and provide you with advice on water saving opportunities to help you save money
  • We’ve also developed lots of great information and handy tips about how you can use water more efficiently in your home and in your garden.

Our Hardship policy for residential customers can also provide you with further information.


Eligible South Australians on low or fixed incomes can receive help with water and sewerage rates. Check your eligibility via the Department of Human Services or call their concessions hotline on 1800 307 758 (TTY 8226 6789).