How to apply
How to apply
There are four steps to apply for a position with us:
1. Once you’ve found the position your skills and experience are aligned to, click on ‘apply’
2. Create (or sign into) your personal account in our e-recruitment system
3 Complete the application form, attaching your cover letter, resume and any other documentation required (for example, tertiary qualification transcripts)
4. Submit it by the due date
What will happen next
You’ve taken valuable time to submit your application, so now what? Here’s a snapshot of what’s likely to happen next. (We tailor the recruitment process, so this might vary from job to job.)
- Once your application is submitted: You’ll receive an email acknowledging that we’ve received it.
- The initial screening process: Your application will be reviewed by a dedicated recruitment consultant. Your skills and experience, detailed in your CV and cover letter, will be assessed in line with the selection criteria outlined in the position description and job advert. At this stage, we may conduct you for an informal interview or phone interview. We aim to respond to you within a few days after the advertisement closes, if not before.
- The interview process: Our interviews are competency and behavioural based and conducted by experienced interviewers and panel members. You may be asked to prepare a presentation prior to the interview or undertake an onsite activity on the same day as your interview. Working together with our panel and your availability, interviews will be held as soon as possible.
- Assessments: If you are asked to undertake a psychometric or competency assessment. This will either be online or in person. If this is required, we’ll aim to do it shortly after the conclusion of interviews.
- Second interview (or catch-up): At times, a second interview may be required. This is an opportunity for you to meet with your manager’s manager or the wider team. It could be an informal catch up or something more formal like a second interview. If you have undertaken an assessment, you’ll have a second interview as soon as we’ve received the result of your assessment, or at the conclusion of initial interviews; generally within two weeks.
- Pre-employment checks. At the conclusion of interviews and assessments, you will progress to undertake pre-employment checks, which include health assessments, police, qualification, and reference checks. This will happen shortly after the interview / assessment process has concluded.
- Offer and onboarding. Once pre-employment checks have been finalised, a verbal offer will be made to you. This will be followed by a written offer together with onboarding documentation.
For all programs and contact centre job opportunities, we conduct assessment centres.
For our programs such as our Graduate Program, Apprenticeships and Traineeships, as well as for jobs in our Customer Care Centre, we apply an assessment centre recruitment methodology.
Water Supply On
- 18/06/2020 03:05 PM - We are attending to an incident in Arthurton with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07505663.
- See all major faults
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 21/05/2021 09:00 AM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 21/05/2021 06:00 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Hope Valley. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works